We Welcome Kind Words

Elphos Weekly is all about sharing stories about kind acts, amazingly simple acts that make a huge difference, and other resources, like Elphos.org, that are trying to spread happiness in our community.
We hope you take the chance to read some of the stories, and would like to hear about similar stories you might have, what you have seen that is great, or any other comments you want to share.
Enjoy reading.

Nice in Traffic

Saturday, April 19, 2008 11:44 AM


This last week it has been my goal to be nicer in traffic. It partly extends from my need to be a more defensive driver - and part from just trying to be kinder on the road.

All week long, I have let people merge in front of my on the highway, instead of blocking them out. When in line to go through a stop light, I make sure I don't block any of the side streets - so others can make a turn.

I've also have not used more horn - at all!! (Not that I am constantly on my horn - but I did used to give a little beep when people drove slow in the left lane!)

What I've noticed is that I have been a lot less stressed out driving through traffic. A lot more aware of how others are driving, and slam on my brakes a whole lot less.

Maybe being nice on the road is bring my blood pressure down a bit. Or maybe, it is all in my mind - I don't know - I don't care - cause it has been a lot more relaxing to drive lately.

Oh, and of course - someone has created a website about nice driving :-) www.drivenice.org

0 comments:

Recent Comments