We Welcome Kind Words

Elphos Weekly is all about sharing stories about kind acts, amazingly simple acts that make a huge difference, and other resources, like Elphos.org, that are trying to spread happiness in our community.
We hope you take the chance to read some of the stories, and would like to hear about similar stories you might have, what you have seen that is great, or any other comments you want to share.
Enjoy reading.

Unexpected Praise

Friday, February 15, 2008 5:01 PM

How Much it Made My Day. . .

The job that I work in, well, lets just say that it isn't one that gets a whole lot of praise or recognition from the rest of the company. But. . . if we don't do our job - we sure get noticed from a whole lot of people.

The entirety of this week has been crazy for me. I had worked some 40 hours already when I sat down from lunch today (Friday). All week long I've been putting out small fires and getting our department prepared for the upcoming weeks - normal business stuff!

When I got back to my desk, my phone started to ring. I answered with my usual greeting spiel - trying to sound refreshed and happy to be working on a Friday. On the other end was a customer. Oh course the first thought was - so how many hours is it going to take me to solve this issue?

To my surprise, the lady just wanted to say thank you. She thanked me for the my hard work that I had put in, and how much my work allowed her to feel less anxiety about the issue she was facing.

The phone call lasted less than a minute - however - it had a huge impact on the rest of my day! I felt reenergized - ready to tackle anything that came my way (but luckily - nothing big did happen after that). Just that simple little phone call made my day - made my week - that much better.

In that spirit, I would like to take the time to thank all those people out there that do thankless jobs - like getting our paychecks out on time, processing our driver's licenses, ringing up our groceries, and picking up our garbage. Thank you! With out these people, and many other people in jobs that I haven't mentioned, we'd all have a little grouchier day.

This week, it is going to be my goal to Thank the people I encounter who are in these types of Jobs.

0 comments:

Recent Comments