We Welcome Kind Words

Elphos Weekly is all about sharing stories about kind acts, amazingly simple acts that make a huge difference, and other resources, like Elphos.org, that are trying to spread happiness in our community.
We hope you take the chance to read some of the stories, and would like to hear about similar stories you might have, what you have seen that is great, or any other comments you want to share.
Enjoy reading.

A Little Boost

Friday, March 21, 2008 3:26 PM

A lot of times, actions that we take have unexpected, and huge positive consequences.

For example, Eric's Planes simply added our blog to his "Friends of Eric's" links. This simple little action, probably done because he enjoyed some aspect of the blog, brought in over 80 new visitors to Elphos.org. This was such a small way to show appreciation for something - that ended up benifiting this organization immensely.

I can think of so many small things that people have done for me, that have had an enourmous impact on my life. Just the most basic things, like a friend putting their hand on my shoulder and telling me it would be alright - or a Thank You, you did a great job. These type of things have the power to not only lighten our spirits at the time, but a lasting effect for the rest of our lives. On hard days, I still remember kind words of advice, encouragements or solace, spoken to me a number of years before.

I think that if you were to reflect back, I'm sure you'd have the same moments that you often turn to in darker times, may it be words from a friend, lover, sibling or parent.

Part of my objective for Elphos.org is to encourage people to write down those words of encouragement, appreciation, and love so that during those times when we most need these words, we can turn to these letters and reread them. - That and it is always cool getting a letter rather than a bill in the mail.

1 comments:

Rishi said...

Oh wow! thats an amazing stategy! and guess what..Im trying it too. Thanks.
And now, I am adding your blog to my "friends" list of my favourite blogs..haha..
Really nice Blog. Will subscribe :) thanks again dude..
do visit mine..
http://methecow.blogspot.com
alright cyaz

Recent Comments